Anti-Ennui

An account of my ongoing attempts to slay that evil dragon (or is it just a windmill?), boredom. Comments welcome.

Name:
Location: Cliffdell, Washington, United States

I've done a little bit of everything. I hate pop music and I don't watch TV. I can't dance, but I mix a mean drink.

Monday, November 29, 2004

Man vs. Deer

Man always wins. Unfortunately, deer do not have the mental capacity to remember this for more than a few hours, so they will continue to unwittingly stumble into our paths. I haven't chased one with a bow or rifle in years because the quality of the meat doesn't justify the time and money required to bring one down. One need not be decked out in 'Don't Shoot Me Orange' to thin the herd out a bit, however. It is quite sufficient to simply drive down a rural highway at 4:00 in the morning while half asleep, and encounter oncoming headlights at exactly the wrong moment. THWACK! Truck: 1, Deer: 0, Man: -$459.97. Thanks for nothing, Charles Darwin.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

Oo, too bad. At least your truck is fairly tank-like. My little red dwarf got smooshed when I hit a deer in June - $3000 smooshed. But fortunately, the insurance company picked up 98% of that. I knew they were good for something.
So with that logic, the truck is at the top of the evolutionary chain. Hah. Still drivable?

November 30, 2004 at 1:02 PM  
Blogger Coder Myers said...

Oh, yes, the damage was confined to the bumper and grill. I got some use out of the body hammer I bought last month for my car. I take comfort in the fact that I will be able to fix everything for less than the cost of six months of comprehensive coverage.

November 30, 2004 at 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home