Anti-Ennui

An account of my ongoing attempts to slay that evil dragon (or is it just a windmill?), boredom. Comments welcome.

Name:
Location: Cliffdell, Washington, United States

I've done a little bit of everything. I hate pop music and I don't watch TV. I can't dance, but I mix a mean drink.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Precipitation, Please!

If it doesn't snow soon I will scream and tear my hair out and bring my semiautomatic carbine to my mundane workplace and run amok, pumping round after round into colleages and coworkers.

I apologize for the melodrama, and for paraphrasing "Fight Club," but its 22 degrees right now, dry as a bone, and my snowboards are leaning against the wall, whispering, "ride meee...", and I feel like Edgar Allen Poe in my little cabin-like apartment in the woods. Beautiful country, but it's dull around here while everyone waits for the snow. Of course, if it were snowing, I would be riding instead of writing, wouldn't I?

2 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

Well, much like Poe, you now have time to write... no the dead lovers, though.
Since when have you had a semiautomatic carbine? Not that I know what that is, come to think of it.

November 23, 2004 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger Coder Myers said...

A semiautomatic carbine is a short-barreled assault rifle that cocks itself automatically every time it fires, and that fires a single shot or burst at a time, hence semiautomatic, as opposed to fully automatic (sprays lead like a hose. Inaccurate, but makes the thought of returning fire seem like a very bad idea to your enemy.) An example would be a U.S. Army M4. The shorter length of a carbine makes it easier to maneuver in close quarters like a foxhole or an armored vehicle. Personally I prefer the M16A4 for its increased range and accuracy, and its increased weight if you have to use it as a blunt object.
I sincerely hope this knowledge will turn out to be entirely useless to me from this point on.

November 23, 2004 at 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home